Friday, December 16, 2016

Super Mario Run” is everything I expected – Aftonbladet

supermariorun

Rate

Super Mario Run

4 years

Price: 109 kr

Format: iOS (to be released for Android early 2017)

Developer: Nintendo

Publisher: Nintendo

"Super Mario Run" contains no ugly surprises and is generous enough to give me exactly what I want – a Nintendo classic.

Despite the fact that I was born into a technology era, had my 5-year-old I couldn’t possibly have imagined that Mario from Nintendo 64 would be able to jump into a mobile – where I can control him by just poking at a screen! But now is the day come. And I do not lack to direct my piebald joysticks.

"Super Mario Run" is Nintendo’s first real try (I don’t count Niantic-developed "Pokemon Go") to bring over an iconic game series to the iPhone and Android. In this runner-game, our plumber in konsant movement forward, at the same time as he jumps on both the platforms and the enemies, avoid the obstacles and collect the gold as quickly as possible. Preferably, he should also grab a set of five purple supermynt at the same time. Each level is a new world which has been sifted through a familiar "Super Mario"filter – sometimes I find myself up there in the sky, dangerously close to boiling lava or among the ancient ruins.

I control Mario by pressing the screen with your thumb (it’s only 40+ mothers who press with the index finger) and the longer I hold, the higher he is jumping. No rocket science directly. But thanks to the variation and the level design gets I never get bored of the simple mechanics. To get Mario to bounce at the right time feels challenging enough when He stand in the way, the fireball shot straight over the heads of me and cannonballs wines past. The level of difficulty is at a moderate level, which I think suits most ages as well as both beginners and veterans.

supermariorun2

in Addition to the goal to complete 24 courses, can I take part of the other extensions – for example, to build up my kingdom, or participate in the "Toad Rally"-race against my friends online. But it’s not particularly exciting to expand the castle, or tvångsköpa a halvkul bonus track. That the game requires a constant internet connection is also a minus. Apart from that, I totally engrossed in plattformsäventyret. It is the most fun when I move in the classic guldmyntsträsket and becomes obsessed with capturing everything in my way without losing a single life.

The japanese game developing company has been quite comfortable in their design choices and boundaries, not the boundaries. On the other hand, who really wants to Shigeru Miyamoto should be completely "wild and crazy" and make "Super Mario Run" to some sort of diskbänksrealism where our hero runs past the 7-Eleven on the way to the nine-to-five job? I am not in all cases.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment