Friday, April 24, 2015

My life with Apple Watch, Part 1 – 99mac

Now my # Apple Watch finally delivered. Unlike the more expensive steel and gold bells Sport model that I bought in a fairly flat pack, a bit like a pencil boxes. The actual box is in Glossy plastic, and as usual when it comes to Apple is unpacking something of a ritual and a pure pleasure.

The charger that comes with the Sport variant is also made of white plastic, instead of metal as the ladder that comes with the more expensive variants. I do not know if it’s to cut the cost of the cheapest model, which is reasonably Apple’s best-selling, or to design better match the look of the watch. Maybe it’s a little of both. I think in any case not the white plastic sturgeon, but I like the material. On the other hand, want a charger in the metal may buy an expensive watch, or buy an extra charger separately.

The box also comes with a larger size of the bracelet. It is not the bracelet that is changed, only the bottom half with holes in. Even for my own not very thick wrists fits the larger the bracelet good. Sports bracelet is in a material called fluoroelastomer and is a form of synthetic rubber to be both durable and have good repellency against water and perspiration.

This is included in the package.

Sports Armband is attached in the usual way with a small plug through a hole, and I have initially major problems to fasten me the watch. Three hands are recommended. Once it is in place, however, it really comfortable, even if it feels strange to have something pressing against my wrist. It was about twenty years ago I had the watch, but I absolutely believe that I will get used to it. The question is whether it will develop into an addiction, thanks to the functions of an Apple Watch can give me.

As I already wrote when I first familiarized myself with an Apple Watch in store earlier in the week is it less than I feared. I chose the size of 38 millimeters, and it does not look unnaturally large on the arm. A little larger than a “normal” bell, but significantly slimmer than other smart watches I’ve tried. My complaint is particularly true that it is quite thick. Both screen sizes are as thick in height, making it smaller version feels more disproportionately high.

From an engineering perspective, however, Apple Watch a feat, and it’s really amazing how much Apple managed to squeeze into this tiny chassis. It also tickles the imagination to think how much thinner (and faster) Apple’s smart watches will be about three or four years. This is apparently the first version, but that such an astonishingly “mature” product.

I must emphasize that Apple Watch Sports in silvery aluminum not feel plasticky or cheap. Earlier this week, I tested steel variant, and sure enough it is even prettier but sports variant does not need to be ashamed of themselves. Possibly I will like to add to the white armband against a little more flashy. In my new friend Mike in the Apple store at Grand Central will also bracelets to finer models to fit the Sport-clock so if I’m invited to the Nobel festival this year, I teach acquire a leather strap with classic buckle.



Pair

The watch comes with pre-loaded battery, but before it can be used required a pairing with the mother ship – in this case my Iphone. The setting is really simple – just open Apple Watch app and keep watch in front of the phone’s camera. Are there apps on the iPhone updated with an addendum for Apple Watch these can be synchronized over automatically, and when I first see the cluster of apps on the home screen is where both the Wall Street Journal, Keynote, Twitter, Instapaper, Onedrive, 1Password and Overcast. Nice!

Pairing is just as easy as it should be.

Just like on iOS, it is easy to move around aplarnas icons by holding down your finger for a few seconds, and then drag the selected icon to the desired location. Although the screen is very small, I experience no major problems with meeting the objects that I’m aiming for with my finger.

It is a good idea to set a four-digit passcode to Apple Watch. When the bell sits well on the wrist code does not need to be entered again, but each time it has taken off is required. For me who is used to the simplicity of Touch ID is this with Codes little passé. I like it because it is possible to unlock the clock automatically with the iPhone when it is near.

Speaking of the iPhone, there are all the settings to the watch also present in Apple Watch app on it, including the layout of the home screen. That iTunes was for the first version of the iPhone, so today’s iPhone for Apple Watch.



Life with Apple Watch begins here

The first hour as Apple watch- owners have been devoted to teach me navigate around the clock operating system, download apps and generally become familiar with that little piece of technology that now adorns my left arm. A fair number of apps are already available, including my well-worn Iphone favorites like Flipboard, Twitter, Instagram, overcast and Instapaper. Perhaps my first epiphany with Apple Watch include a new easy way to manage these apps, such as never having fished the phone out of your pocket to turn on a podcast episodes.

I also hope that Apple Watch will make it easier for me to start practicing, thanks reminder functions that arise and the built träningsappen. There are corresponding functions in other gadgets, but the problem was that my iPhone does not come with me when I train, and that the specific training bracelet I tried left lying in a drawer for a few weeks. Hopefully, the other features of the Apple Watch to insure it a permanent seat on my wrist, and thus be able to give me a regular and comprehensive assistance in the fight for better health.

  • Welcome, you are new technology gadget.

  • The back is as attractive as the front.

This is untested ground. I like this Apple Watch for it is a delicious and well-made technology gadget, but I’m still not sure if it will become an indispensable part of my everyday life as Tim Cook says that it will be, and that Iphone has become. Therefore, we 99mac to test Apple Watch, in a slightly special way. It will not be a single comprehensive review – this would hardly make the product justice. Instead, I continuously to provide reports on how Apple Watch works in my life in the Swedish daily life. I hope that readers will join us on the journey!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment