Monday, September 15, 2014

Microsoft buys the company behind Minecraft – Aftonbladet

Microsoft buys Mojang AB, the company behind Minecraft, announces Swedish Mojang on its website.

The purchase price is SEK 18 billion.

“It’s not about money. It’s about my sanity, “writes the founder Markus Persson on his blog.

Games studio Mojang is behind the most successful Swedish game ever,” Minecraft “.

After weeks of speculation, as Nöjesbladet previously reported, it is now clear that Microsoft buys Mojang AB for $ 2.5 billion, representing about 18 billion Swedish kronor.

According to the press release would Mojangs founder and “Minecraft” -skaparen Markus Persson , which owns 71 percent of the company, not be responsible for such a large company and has in recent years tried on smaller projects .

“Mineraft has grown into a massive project of enormous importance. Although we are proud of what minecraft has become so it was never Notchs (Persson) intent that it would become this big, “writes Mojang in the press release.



” Do not worry “

The pressure to take the company became too big and therefore, Persson decided to sell.

“The only option was to sell Mojang. Do not worry about it, “writes Mojang on its website.

In connection with the sale, also founders Carl Manneh and James Porsér now.

The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg reported last week that Microsoft would buy Mojang.

Many came data as a shock, as Markus Persson has repeatedly defended the game studio’s independence.

“I am aware that this goes against much of what I have said publicly. I have no good answer for that. I am also aware that many of you use me as a kind of symbol of a perceived struggle. It is not. I am a human, and I’m there and fight with you, “he writes on his blog.



” Negative Comments “

He is now prepared for negative comments from the gaming world.

“Given the public image of me is already a bit warped so I do not expect to get away from the negative remarks by doing this. But now I will not feel obligated to share them, “he writes.

Company Ltd was founded in 2009 and in 2011 came the first full version of Minecraft.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment